Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Back to my old self?

Well the headache is gone and I sleep with the help of Ambien. Still coughing. But hey, I am alive.

The weather has been good. Tonight the hubby went to a girl's high school softball game. He has been coaching a co-worker's daughter in pitching. The hubby has played softball on and off for about 40 years. Fast style windmill. Anyhow...he went to one of her games tonight to see her play. He says she's pretty good.
Soooo.... Maddie and I were home alone. I had some energy and decided to do some stuff around the house. Straightened up the kitchen, cleaned off the clutter on the counters etc. I hate clutter. Vacuumed and swept. Got to do it while I feel like.
Then Maddie and I walked 2 1/2 miles very briskly. It was great. It was a nice breezy evening. People were out running, walking their dogs, just enjoying the evening. I love this weather and know it won't last too much longer.
Summers here suck.
When we returned I let Maddie out in the back yard. Lord knows she can't stay inside for more than 5 minutes.
The sun was shining on my fence and something was casting a weird rainbow shaped shadow. I could not figure out what it was...but took a picture to share. After viewing the picture, I realized it was the Palm tree. Still like it though.

Threw one in of Maddie after the squirrels.

5 comments:

superdave524 said...

Atta girl! Good to see you back, up and about and posting, too. Maybe that "rainbow" is prophetic. New life after the storm. Your yard looks very well cared-for. So, did Mattie catch any squirrels?

kate said...

Such a nice picture! I envy anyone who can do that to a yard. Very nice.

superdave524 said...

Er, "Maddie".

jrtnutt said...

Dave, thanks. I am still fighting with my blood pressure but it's the sodium sensitivity.
As for Maddie, she comes close..but so far nothing. Though...I did find a squirrel tail in the yard once.
Kate, thanks for the compliment on my yard. It actually looks better in the summer when the grass is greener and the plants are fuller.
It's actually a very low maintenance yard.

Tampa I Am said...

I saw your comment regarding tipping the canoe in the Hillsborough River, try a kayak, you have much more control, and they WONT tip over, unless you force yourself to tip.