Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The nose knows

I saw a can of kidney beans in my pantry yesterday and immediately thought of chili. That would be our dinner for the next day.
Photobucket

I had a hectic day at work. Lots of new patients, kids fighting with their siblings, parents ignoring their children, phone ringing, children screaming. All I could think of was eating that chilli in peace and quiet. So, after work today I stopped at Super Target to pick up some canned tomatoes and chilli seasoning. I don't grocery shop much, the husband does that for me. When I do shop it's Publix because is closer. Anyhow, I found everything I needed except the chili seasoning. I walked up and down every food isle looking. I know right where it is in Publix but I could not find it in Target. I was just about to go and find an employee, when my nose picked up the scent of chilli spice. I turned around there it was, right behind me, the little envelopes of seasoning.
It's funny how our senses work.

1 comment: