Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Cancer Sucks

I had posted here a few weeks ago how I found The Hudson Brothers online and the youngest one has throat cancer. I was following his blog online about his treatment and what he is going through. It was heart wrenching reading about his painful treatments. He was saying he couldn't swallow, he was in so much pain. I felt guilty even eating after reading that post. My heart broke for him.

Yesterday my sister in law called me to tell me my husband's brother has throat cancer. Coincidence? I am not sure. But for the last 3 weeks I have been reading about throat cancer, the optional treatments (some not available in the U.S.) I have read about the best foods to eat when having cancer treatment. I have been basically following this man's treatment every day that he posts. And now here we are with a very close family member with the same horrific, painful disease. The treatments for this disease are really painful and can be disfiguring. (surgery)

I don't know if finding this gentleman a few weeks ago will help my brother in law, but I like to think it happened for a reason.
Please please, if you have a religious bone in your body, say a prayer for my brother in law Ruben. He has the biggest heart of anyone I know. He would do anything for anyone. If I could, I would take the cancer for him. The next few months are going to be tough on my family. I had given up on religion since 2001. And even after my son's near death, I wasn't sure about it. But I feel like praying is all I can do. I can't do anything except pray and be there for him and his family.