Thursday, March 12, 2009

Whew!

For the past week, we have been preparing, and moving furniture so we could get laminate wood floors put in our bedrooms. We had to move each bedroom, everything it, out in to the formal living areas. Then we had to rip out the old carpet and clean up all the mess. Each bedroom has a walk in closet, so we had to clean that out and strip that carpet out too.

A friend of ours who is a licensed contractor came and installed them. He did one room at a time so that we could get the furniture moved back in and have room to put the next rooms furnture in the formal areas.

We, myself, my husband Bob, Desmond and his friend Scott moved everything out of the rooms. Bob cut and pulled up the carpet. Bob removed the tack strips, Des swept, Scott pulled the nails of the cement floor. I am in the equation somewhere. LOL
We worked as a team and got it all done in 4 days. Three bedrooms of furniture In, out in four days.

Ray did a great job and I am so glad we went with him and not that place called HD. I won't mentioned names but the store is big and orange.

Ray saved us a ton of money and I am sure did a much better job. He's a great guy.

Needless to say, I am very pleased with my floors and will post some pics soon. I bought a new camera. I think my other one was stolen out of my own house by someone who came in to work on my house. Not Ray of course. That was over a month ago. Pics will follow.

6 comments:

superdave524 said...

Posting on floors? I thought floors were beneath you.

jrtnutt said...

Well they are technically.... :) but thats what my week has been about...the damn floors.

superdave524 said...

I'd tell you to switch to ceilings, but they may be over your head.

jrtnutt said...

Actually, you know what's beneath me? Going to the dump. Not sure what you call it there. I had to haul some stuff in my husband truck. He was volunteering to serve food to the soldiers coming back from Iraq. So how could i say no. Anyhow...going to the dump is beneath me. Never again...its dusty and dirty.

superdave524 said...

Can't blame you there. Makes you sad to be down in the dumps.

jrtnutt said...

You're killing me Dave.