Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Now what?


I started not feeling well last week Wednesday. Gnawing knot in my stomach, nauseous. Left work early.....Thursday: Returned to work, gnawing still in stomach, nauseous. Came home, ate and had severe stomach pain all night. Friday: Worked half day, no patients. Was tired but felt ok. Still nauseous though. Saturday 3 p.m.: Severe stomach pains, so severe I ended up at the Drs. Walk In Clinic and then the emergency room. Diagnosis: Ulcer. Taking some meds for it.

Followed up with my Doc today and I have to have some testing done for some bacteria. She thinks I could have picked it up in the Dominican Republic.....yeah, that place from hell I vacationed at back in October. Great...
So, I have to do some tests and if it is positive, I have to take massive doses of antibiotics and then take massive doses of ulcer meds.
I am taking it in stride as I am so relieved to be out of pain.

2 comments:

kate said...

Stay well!

superdave524 said...

Ulcers? Jiminy, you can't seem to catch a break lately. Hang in there.