Friday, January 30, 2009

Ruben, carpet and other things

Yesterday was Ruben's first chemo treatment. He said he feels just like he does on anything other day. I hope the treatments are kind to him, but we know they won't be after a few days.

We decided we wanted laminate wood flooring throuhout our house, however, we have a large area that is ceramic tile. I had read you can put laminate wood over tile, however finding an installer willing to do this isn't easy. So.....we have decided that instead of paying close to 10K to put in laminate flooring, we will just replace the areas that are carpeted with new carpet and leave it at that. With the economy the way it is....and job loss happening every day, it's probably not a good idea to spend that much money right now anyway.
Though I hate carpet....I am happy to have a wonderful home, so I am ok with it.

My Obamapalooza/birthday party is tomorrow night. I have been dreading it for weeks. Even though I want to have the party, I was dreading it....Don't ask me why. Anyhow, today I finally felt excited about it. I will have about 30 good friends here for some good music, great food and Bob's sangria. Most Everyone coming has had bob's sangria..... well lets say they are probably coming just for the sangria.
Hope you all have a wonderful superball (I could care less about football) weekend. Tampa Bay is excited about it. We are having crappy, rainy, cold weather right now though. I hope the visitors aren't too disappointed.
Go Steelers! (That's from Bob)

3 comments:

superdave524 said...

Chemo doesn't sound like much fun, but I hope the party is a blast. Enjoying every minute as well as you can is the best revenge (I heard something like that somewhere).

jrtnutt said...

My party was a lot of fun. I forgot to take pictures. A couple of my friends did so if they email them to me I will post them.

superdave524 said...

Looking forward to it.