Friday, September 11, 2009

Dad and other stuff

Dad is back in the hospital. Retaining fluid from the congestive heart failure. He seems to always bounce back from these things. I am hoping he does this time too.
His 79th birthday is next month, October 4th.
Other than Dad's relapse, life has been good.

Work is busy.

Bob is great, coaching 4 girls now in softball. He is hosting a golf tournament for the United Way thru Citigroup, next Friday. It's his third year organizing it and hosting it.

Des is in his second year of college and likes his new roomies. Gets his cast off the 7th of October. (hopefully)

Maddie has some sort of allergy that is driving me nuts. Itching, scratching. Tried benedryl. Short of allergy tests and shots....there is nothing else I can do.
Otherwise....life is good.

5 comments:

Jersey Girl 46 said...

This might help you with Maddie. My mastif all of a sudden developed allergies or something. After a bazillion dollars in testing, I talked to my retired vet who said to take him off all food and feed him rice and hamburger for one week. Now this dog weighed more than me, and I thought I would go broke, but I didn't.

After giving his system a break (I actually did it for 2 weeks) I eased him back on the food and it worked. The pills, the shots, nothing seemed to help. Not even the oatmeal baths I gave him.

Sometimes home remedies are the best??

jrtnutt said...

JG44, I will give that a try...pulled out the burger to thaw. Thanks. I have heard of doing that for stomach ailments....but not allergies...worth a try, thanks so much!!

superdave524 said...

Now, that's the stuff!

superdave524 said...

Where you at, Tam?

jrtnutt said...

Facebook :)