Friday, October 3, 2008

Catching some Z's

I am one of many unfortunate people who have trouble sleeping. It usually takes me forever to get to sleep and then once I am asleep, it's not that quality sleep that we need. The sleep where you are dreaming some weird dream. I usually toss and turn and never really get any. It's killing me.
I get bad sinus headaches and the only thing that works is Advil Sinus and Cold. It happens to be the stuff you can't buy over the counter any longer. You have to show your drivers licence, give your name and address etc.....because some wacko in Kentucky or Alaska has decided to turn it into Meth.

Anyway....so it's take the Advil, which makes my mind race with the same thoughts over and over....or....suffer as my head pounds. I don't know which is worse, my mind racing or the head pounding.

I wish I could take something that would make me sleep for about 12 hours straight. I know when I do get a good night's sleep, which is about once every month or so....I feel so much better. I can think straight, I can perform better at my job and I am not tired during the day. I have suffered with these headaches for 10 years now. And the sleep issue is going on about the same amount of time. Its going to cause an early death I just know it. I get up at 5 am every day and get to work about 6:30 til about 4pm. At my job it's none stop multi-tasking. My mind is in 3 or 4 places at once. I do enjoy what I do though.

So here I sit at 2:02 a.m. wanting sleep, needing sleep....but sleep won't come.
Wishing I was.....

5 comments:

superdave524 said...

Sorry about the sleep stuff. I think those insane runners sleep pretty well. I know I sleep better when I exercise. Have you tried running?

jrtnutt said...

Can't run Dave, I have bad knees. I can do it but suffer for weeks afterwards. If I do decide to run...its usually when I am stressed out and need to feel like I am "running away" It's a great feeling. I don't know if your brother experiences that feeling or not. I slept pretty good last night.

kate said...

I've got some financial articles you can read...that should put you to sleep right away. ;-)

jrtnutt said...

I read Time and The Nation usually before bed. I like to keep up on what's going on with my tax money and who's spending it.
Though sometimes I think that's why I can't sleep.

superdave524 said...

Geez, Kate, don't scare the poor girl.