Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Letting go......

I just let go of things in my life that I have no control over. It feels good. They are still there...hanging around...I know it...but I also know I have no control over them...so I just let them go. I know what I can fix or have control over now....What I can't fix or control.....is in someone else's hands...
I have no control over cancer.
I have no control over my son's decisions.
I have no control over whatever does or doesn't happen with my job.
I have no control over the oil spill.
I have no control over world peace.
I have no control over the critters in the attic.
I DO have control over my reactions to things....
I DO have control over my eating.
I DO have control over my happiness.
I DO have control over my home life.
I DO have control over myself.

15 comments:

superdave524 said...

Stuff worth remembering, Tam.

kate said...

Nice!

trassy dicosta said...

I suggest this site to my friends so it could be useful & informative for them also. Great effort.
Valentines day Flowers China

Unknown said...

that is great

Tracy said...

Tam,
I found your blog by accident but have enjoyed reading it. I share some very similar struggles and I hope you find some peace within...the serenity prayer is a great way to start your day and also in between...
Good Luck to you!

EleJosbazzar.co.uk said...

This is just how most people feel about life do believe that if enough people tried to take part even a very small way in world affairs WWF UK- Campaign with us

Tricia said...

Enjoyed reading your insights. Thanks for posting.

joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Snowbrush said...

I was right in there with you until I came to critters in the attic. Are you sure on this one?

Snowbrush said...

That Joven sure is a persistent guy!

College Girl said...

As someone who likes to think that she can control things that she often can't -- thanks. I appreciate this post.

jrtnutt said...

Thanks everyone, and yes...the critters were Squirrels. They are gone for now...hopefully.

Poohbear said...

I have been going through some stuff in my life and that little verse sure helped to build me up a bit. Thanks for posting that. I really need to remember that. Just need to let go.

VISHNU P T said...

super dear

VISHNU P T said...

super